maybe one suggestion would be, to have some kind of side-pane to display various sources and sorting options. i am thinking of a thing similar to that of music-players like rhythmbox or banshee. so you'd be able to click just once and display the content of your kindle or kobo or whatever, or to select e-books from various shops. or you'd be able to only show sci-fi books in library. but i guess this is not what you're aiming for? on the other hand - you have this kind of thing in beatbox, right?
Wow, Daniel. Wow indeed. I'm a keen ebooks reader myself, but I can spot a bit of annoyance in here. Now don't throw tomatoes at me and let me explain.
1. I'm more than sure that you have to remove each and every control from the field of text either by separating them somehow from the page (which will look clumsy and heavy, but still) or (and that could be quite a feature) make it into a popover that can be called for using, let say, a double click anywhere in the window. 1.1 The fonts are uncomfortable for long reading experience. You should give the user an option to choose a serif font. 1.2 Give me at least 3-4 options to play with line spacing. This is extremely important. 1.3 Text alignment. I think you may give users some freedom with selecting it where possible (e.g. in .txt files)
2. Give us bookmarks! I can't imagine reading a book without making notes about interesting parts of it. Sometimes I come back to the book after a while and can find this or that spot only by bookmark. It is an essential tool.
3. Integrate your wonderful dictionary app into this one. It will be great!
4. For those of us who are lucky to possess 22' and wider screens would really appreciate a two-column layout for full-screen reading.
5. I love the library layout.
Thanks, and I hope I could help you even more with this app. Just let me know.